REAL-LIFE SUPERHEROES

[ Contents | Search | Post | Reply | Next | Previous | Up ]

Re: You vs the Law

Category: Superhero Chat
Date: 29 Jan 2006
Time: 12:32:44 -0600

Comments

I read your earlier post about not being pompous and so forth, so I'll try to make this as non-centered as possible. . . :) But speaking from personal experience, I tried for about half a year, watching and recording the activities of local drug users/dealers/makers. The meth crowd is really big around here (hell, where aren't they?), and I had a lot of leftover records from a previous job of people involved in stealing pills for meth manufacture. And you see these people walking into stores all the time, acting suspicious. You just need a license plate on the way out, and you're in business. I gathered *tons* of evidence about who they were, who their friends were, when they were doing what they did, the product involved, etc., and tried submitting it anonymously to the local branch of the DEA. All I ever got from them was "Okay, we'll look into it." responses. Not even one of the people I reported has stopped doing what they do. Hence my reversion back to being on the other side of the "versus". :)

Last changed: 11/16/08