REAL-LIFE SUPERHEROES

[ Contents | Search | Post | Reply | Next | Previous | Up ]

Re: The Call

Category: Superhero Chat
Date: 14 Feb 2006
Time: 12:28:35 -0600

Comments

Hmm, I'm amazed I can have a mid-life crisis before hitting 35. Or even 30 for that matter. Personal jabs aside, you're right, Vigilance, most of us haven't a damn thing. And those that have, don't come here to brag about it. I'm sorry this organization dissapoints you, but the idea of an RLS has not been around for a significant length of time, and very few of us currently have resources to do much beyond street patrols. I have personal responsibilities, and I think I am the only person measuring whether I am meeting my goals or not. Beerio has a family to support, and a full-time job. The fact he maintains a side project is admirable. Are any of us "heroes"? No, not really. Those that are rarely visit and don't boast about much. They're out there doing what they can. I don't do much more than advise right now, because my public life doesn't allow for much else. If you feel I am not involved enough to be active at all, I wish you just say so. Being called on not meeting goals I have not personally set is a bit of an insult to me, if you'll excuse me. We've had several people come in with a similar attitude: "I've seen what you people say, you're all talk, I'll sit back and wait to see if you accomplish anything." Their words, not yours. But hearing people stare down their noses at our efforts is frustrating, especially when they offer no assistance to help us build more.

Last changed: 11/16/08